It’s getting closer! Here is a brief update on the last newsletter which in case you did not get as a late entry or need to re-read have a look here.
The forecast keeps changing as is typical in these parts but it looks almost certain conditions will be ‘entertaining’! Low temps, high wind and possible wet are possibly the most testing conditions so please don’t skimp on kit.
We have decided that hats, gloves and waterproof trousers ARE compulsory (don’t necessarily have to wear them but you do need to have them on you) – even the “elite” folk – sorry but the rules are the same for everyone.
Have a look here for the latest forecast which is the same as the local mountain rescue use as do ourselves.
A couple of quick answers to some of today’s questions:
- Yes there will be hot showers (at no extra cost)
- Yes there will be food (big portions, small price)
- Yes, there will be mud - loads of it! (and snow)
- Yes, you will need shoes with decent grip
- Yes, you need to take ALL the compulsory kit!!??!!
- No, you can’t hide stuff half way round.
- Yes, it will be cold, highly likely there will be some wet involved too.
- Yes, there is a pub around the corner at the finish!
Here are a few snaps from the route today for a bit of a taster.
Could it get any better? See you soon :)